Empower all students to act with integrity and to achieve excellence through rigorous college and career pathways.
Millikan small learning communities promote academic excellence, personal integrity and 21st Century skills through relevant, rigorous learning environments that provide integrated college and career pathways.
Millikan POWER Standards
Expected Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
Upon graduation Millikan High School graduates will be:
Problem Solvers who:
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and independent learning.
- Engage in high-level critical thinking and reasoning, to think creatively, make decisions and solve problems.
- Utilize technology appropriately to gain information and solve problems.
- Possess math, logic and reasoning skills and are able to apply those skills in a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrate practical application of knowledge and reasoning through service learning and work-based learning experiences.
Organized Workers who:
- Work collaboratively to achieve a common goal.
- Work productively as team members and leaders of a local and global society.
- Demonstrate the essential knowledge and skills of self-management and effective work habits.
Workplace Professionals who:
- Read, write, speak, listen and respond thoughtfully.
- Utilize technology appropriately for communication.
- Assess personal strengths, interests, and needs; they will develop a plan for high school and a vision for the future; and develop the skills necessary to meet those goals.
- Demonstrate career knowledge and job acquisition skills.
- Attend school regularly and on time.
Ethical Decision Makers who:
- Act honestly, ethically, and responsibly toward themselves and others.
- Do not cheat on academic tasks or assist others in academic dishonesty.
- Adopt and value ethical principles and attitudes (i.e. honesty, integrity, responsibility, compassion) and apply them in their daily lives.
Responsible Citizens who:
- Set, achieve, and evaluate goals, making themselves personally responsible for their learning.
- Show respect for self and others.
- Celebrate cultural diversity.
- Value and practice community service.