Information about our Uniform can be found here .
|Dress Code Reference Blue|
|Dress Code Reference Blue|
MILLIKAN HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM DRESS CODE, 2012-2013
The Long Beach Unified School District requires all students who choose to attend Millikan High School to wear a uniform. Students must agree, in writing, to conform to the standards described below.
School IDs must be displayed above the waist.
SOLID khaki or SOLID navy blue bottoms. Blue jeans and blue denim “look-alike” clothing are not allowed.
SOLID navy, SOLID gold, or SOLID white tops -- Collared (undershirts must be white).
Stripes and patterns are not permitted on tops or bottoms.
Sweatshirts, sweaters, light jackets, and outer wear (jackets, coats) must be
- • SOLID navy blue, SOLID white, or SOLID gold.
- • Millikan sweatshirts are recommended and available for purchase.
- • Non-Millikan logos should be no larger than the size of a “quarter” coin.
- • Must not expose non-uniform clothing.
- • Size appropriate clothing is required.
- • Shirts or tops must be collared unless student is wearing an approved spirit t-shirt in its place.
- • Approved Millikan spirit t-shirts may be worn. Spirit shirts will only be approved for athletic teams, academic clubs, and SLC’s (Small Learning Communities) Millikan sweaters and pullovers can be worn in lieu of a collared shirt.
- • No bare midriffs.
- • Undergarments may not be exposed.
- • Approved Millikan team jerseys and warm-ups may be worn.
- • Shoes must adhere to LBUSD standards – no slippers, no “flip flops”
- • Shorts and skirts must be an appropriate length. Shorts must be longer than the reach of the student’s thumb.
- • Hoods must remain down at all times on campus.
- • Hats, head bands, wave caps, bandanas, hairnets, and combs in the hair are not permitted.
- • Approved Millikan hats and beanies may be worn and only outside of the buildings. Milwaukee Brewers hats are not approved.
- • Tears, holes, patches, slits in the seams, and ragged hems in clothes and shoes are not permitted. No fishnet or patterned stockings.
- • Leggings / tights must be SOLID navy or SOLID white and only worn under appropriate bottoms.
- • No gloves, chains, badges, patches, spiked accessories, and initialed belt buckles.
- • No tank tops, swimsuits, sweat pants, fleece pants, short shorts, beach attire, low neckline, low back line, spaghetti straps, or shoulder exposing garments are permitted.
- • No gang-related writing on backpacks, shoes, and clothing.
- • Tattoos must be covered.
Uniform violators will be given every opportunity to change into the correct Millikan uniform. Repeat offenders are subject to progressive discipline.
Millikan’s dress standards were reviewed and revised by Millikan’s Site Council May 2011.