MILLIKAN HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM DRESS CODE
The Long Beach Unified School District requires all students who choose to attend Millikan High School to wear a uniform. Students must agree, in writing, to conform to the standards described below.
School IDs must be displayed above the waist.
SOLID navy blue or SOLID khaki bottoms. Blue jeans and blue denim “look-alike” clothing is not permitted.
SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, or SOLID white tops -- Collared (undershirts must be white).
Collarless SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, SOLID white, or SOLID khaki dresses are acceptable.
Sweatshirts, sweaters, light jackets, and outerwear (i.e. jackets, coats) must be:
- SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, SOLID white, or SOLID khaki
- Millikan sweatshirts are available for purchase and are recommended.
- Size appropriate clothing is required.
- An approved Millikan spirit shirt, an approved Millikan sweatshirt, or an approved Millikan pullover may be worn in lieu of a collared shirt.
- Spirit shirts will only be approved for athletic teams, academic clubs, and SLCs (Small Learning Communities).
- A SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, or SOLID white women’s blouse (NOT T-shirt) may be worn in lieu of a collared shirt.
- Approved Millikan team apparel may be worn only on game days and rally days.
- Leggings and tights must be SOLID navy blue or SOLID white and only worn under appropriate bottoms.
- Approved Millikan hats and beanies may be worn and only outside of the buildings.
- Non-Millikan logos should be no larger than the size of a “quarter” coin.
- No bare midriffs.
- Undergarments may not be exposed.
- Shoes must adhere to LBUSD standards – no slippers.
- Shorts and skirts must be an appropriate length. Shorts must be longer that the reach of the student’s thumb.
- Hoods must remain down at all times on campus.
- Hats, head bands, wave caps, bandanas, hairnets, and combs in the hair are not permitted.
- Tears, holes, patches, slits in the seams, and ragged hems in clothes and shoes are not permitted. No fishnet or patterned stockings.
- No gloves, chains, badges, patches, spiked accessories, and initialed belt buckles.
- No tank tops, swimsuits, sweatpants, fleece pants, short shorts, beach attire, low neckline, low back line, spaghetti straps, or shoulder exposing garments are permitted.
- No gang-related writing on backpacks, shoes, or clothing.
- Tattoos must be covered.
Uniform violators will be given every opportunity to change into the correct Millikan uniform. Repeat offenders are subject to the progressive discipline listed below.
First Offense – verbal warning
Second Offense – 1 demerit and phone call home
Third Offense – 2 demerits, 1 period in ACE, and phone call home
Fourth Offense – 3 demerits, all day ACE, and phone call home
Fifth Offense – 4 demerits, all day ACE, and parent conference
Sixth Offense or More – home suspension