SENIOR CLASS OF 2017!
Colleges and universities have started sending admission letters, which means...
DECISION DAY is coming soon!
Decision Day is a day at the end of May, where we will celebrate the seniors who decide to attend college next year. It does not matter where you decide to go. If you decide to attend Community College GREAT! If you decide to attend an Accredited Vocational School GOOD! If you decide to attend a University that's AWESOME! Seniors must decide to enroll in some form of higher education in order to attend Decision Day. The day will include free food, activities, a DJ, giveaways, raffles, and prizes!!
In order to be invited to Decision Day, Seniors must...
1. Complete the Senior Survey ASAP. (You can still complete the survey even if you have not received admission letters yet.)
Click HERE to complete the Senior Survey now (It's a super quick survey, we promise! JUST DO IT.)
2. Bring all of your college and financial aid application confirmations to the College & Career Center ASAP. You do not have to be accepted/denied yet, we just need to see that you submitted the applications.
3. Submit a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to a college or a university before Monday, May 1st, 2017 (deadline may vary by school).
Did you apply to a UC, but have not sent your test scores?
You're in luck! UC's are still accepting test scores until Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 2017
BUT, the UC requests to have the scores BY this date, which means you must send it through express shipping if you want your scores to be received on time.
If you do not send your scores THROUGH THE TESTING AGENCY by the deadline, your application will be withdrawn and not considered for admissions (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Remember, even if you reported your scores on your application, you MUST still send your scores from the testing agency directly.
To send SAT scores: collegeboard.org
To send ACT scores: act.org
**If you applied to several UC's, DO NOT send your scores to all the campuses. Only send it to ONE, and that campus will share it with the rest. No need to spend more $$$ than you need to!**
If you applied to a CSU or other colleges/universities but still have not sent your scores, come to the College & Career Center to talk to Ms. Cho and Ms. Aguirre ASAP. Your application can be withdrawn without your official scores.
Have you submitted your financial aid application?
Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 is the deadline to complete FAFSA or the Dream Act application! You MUST submit a financial aid application if you want to receive any money from the federal government for your college education. The College & Career Center is holding workshops to help you on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school from 2:40 pm - 4:00 pm.
*Bring your SSN or DACA number*
*Bring your parents 2015 tax returns*
*Bring your questions! We have answers!*
Are you wondering if it's too late to submit your Community College application?
It is not too late! You can begin applying today! To learn how go to the College & Career Center OR you can start by visiting the LBCC website. Follow these steps:
- High School Senior Guide -
- Apply to Long Beach City College for the Fall 2017 semester
- Complete the Promise Pathways Agreement
- Sign up Early Bird before coming. Sign up starts 12 days before the Early Bird date.
- Attend Early Bird to complete Assessment, Orientation, and a Student Educational Plan. Please note that students missing any of the requirements listed in this step will not qualify for priority registration.
IMPORTANT: To attend one of our Early Bird events you must sign up before the event.
Early Bird Dates:
|Saturday, February 25
||Saturday, April 1
|Saturday, March 4
||Saturday, May 6
|Saturday, March 18
||Saturday, May 20
Sign Up Now. Please click here.
To view the steps to apply to Cerritos College visit this website: http://cms.cerritos.edu/school-relations/future-students/steps/first-time-college-student.htm
To view the steps to apply to Cypress College visit this website: http://www.cypresscollege.edu/admissions/gettingStarted/apply.aspx
We understand there are many options to choose from. If you need more assistance in completing your application please do not hesitate to ask your friendly College Advisers through email, over the phone, or in person. We are always available to help!